Wednesday 28 July 2010

Maternal Health Nurse home visit #1

My first night in my new cot was great. It is already a big cot for big boys, not a tiny bassinet like in hospital. Mum put the big Winnie the Pooh and all my Tiggers and Eeyores in my room to keep me company. My little bunny night light (that changes colour and I got from auntie Vesna) helped me to sleep and I know Mum and Dad are only a little cry away.


Today Mum and Dad are slowly trying to figure out what to do with me. I mostly sleep and eat and since my breastfeeds still take up to 1 hour I am keeping Mum occupied. Daddy does help out with the bottle every now and then and he is also improving on his burping techniques.




In the afternoon the Maternal Health Nurse stopped by to check up on Mum and me and to discuss how the visits to the Maternal Health Center down the street are planned. My first visit is on 9 Aug 2010. She also weighed me at 2830 grams.


Maui and Molokai, our two cats, are not very interested in me yet and rather sleep then check me out just yet.