Thursday 27 January 2011

Bronchiolitis

I told you all that I was very jetlagged because of that massive trip to Europe. Well, as of last Friday I have been sleeping through the night again. Mum found that the only remedy was: bright sunlight in the middle of the day. She did this on Thursday and Friday and Friday night I slept through the night again and every night since then.

I still have a cough and a runny nose ,which started after the plane trip and Mum, Dad and I were all a bit sick last week. Mum blames the aircon on the plane. Mum and Dad are better now, but as of last Monday my cough is gradually worsening. Last night I also presented with a little fever and Mum and Dad decided to take me to the Hospital Doctor to have it checked out. I appear to have bronchiolitis, which means that I have a virus and because my immune system is not ready yet, I am having a hard time recovering now. The virus will last about 3-10 days, but the cough might last for 4-5 weeks, so that is not too good.

My cough is getting worse when I play on my tummy, so Mum is now putting me on my back, but because I like to practice my rolling, I am constantly flipping over. We are practicing sitting without support, but I can only last for about 45-60 seconds and as soon as I cough I fall over.

Hopefully I will feel a bit better soon, the weather is improving it is going to be30-34 degrees this weekend, so hopefully the warm weather will bring some better days for me as well.