Saturday 15 January 2011

6 Months old - Progress on my solid foods!

I have now been eating solid foods daily for about 4 weeks and my spoon skills are getting brilliant. Occasionally I get too enthusiastic when I see the food on the spoon. I start turning my head around and instead of my mouth I put my nose in the spoon, which according to Mum is hilarious!

In Netherlands I have mainly eaten those little jars of babyfood from the grocery store, as it was too difficult, whilst travelling to prepare, blend and mix everything fresh.
I must say the fruity ones and carrot jars are great, but some of them are disgusting, even Mum agreed with me that the cauliflower and green beans tasted horrible.
Since we are in Australia I have been eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies.

Until today I have tried all of the below:
* Rice flour with breast milk (before I go to bed)

Fruits:
* Apple (delicious, especially the apple sauce Oma makes)
* Pear
* Mango
* Banana with little bits of mandarin juice
* Mixed fruits
* Blueberry
* Nectarine
* Strawberry (this really makes a mess)
* Apricot
* Plum

Vegetables:
* Pumpkin
* Corn
* Green Beans (Disgusting from the jar)
* Brown Beans
* Cauliflower (same as the Green Beans)
* Potato
* Sweet Potato
* Capsicum
* Cucumber

Drinks:
* Water (not a real success story yet!)

As I have turned 6 months today, Mum said she will now start adding meat and fish as well. Dad says that these are important proteins and great for muscle development. Dad's work has something to do with proteins, so I think I will really have to like this meat and fish. I will let you know soon enough whether it was any good.