Sunday 21 November 2010

Sunday Lunch at Balgownie Estate - Yarra Valley

This morning Mum was just fed up with sitting in the house and because it is weekend she said to Dad, let's go out. Knowing Mum a bit, this means she needs some alcohol in her day. We first went to one of the local Farmers Markets and Mum bought 8 Australian Childrens books written by one of the local Melbourne writers for me. Mum just could not pick one book, so she bought all 8 and put herself on the mailing list for book number 9 which is due to come out shortly. Typically Mum, she always wants the best for me, which I do not mind at all! Now keep your fingers crossed that I will like reading when I am a bit older. I already am fond of my cloth books especially when Mum does the car noises and the cat noises.

After the market we ended up at Mums favourite winery, The Balgownie Estate and whilst Dad was relaxing with some mineral water, because he was driving, Mum was enjoying her chilled sparkling shiraz. 
I was just mesmerized, not because of the alcohol in the breast milk, but because......
 of the fire place and the moving flames.

 Mum was getting a bit tipsy as she was kissing me all the time, funny Mum
and yes the food looked so good that I started drooling again.... maybe these are some of the ready signs the maternal health nurse was talking about last Friday and Mum can start that solid food stuff soon, because I am drooling heaps....
 Oh, yes this is me and Sophie my new Giraffe, she is absolutely the best thing to chew on. She is made of rubber and very chewable and she also makes squeeky noises and looks pretty with all the spots. There are no signs of any teeth yet, but Mum is keeping an eye out for them.

This is me in my new seat, we switched from the bassinet to the seat where I can sit upright and look around. The bassinet was getting a bit boring, this seat is way more fun
and even Dad looks funky when he walks me around in my new vehicle.