Sunday 24 October 2010

Sydney!!!

Exciting times... I am only 101 days old and I have already been on a plane twice! This weekend we went to Sydney, because Mum and Dad had to attend a Boehringer-Ingelheim dinner. Mum already works there now for 5 years and the company arranged a special Pentagon dinner in the Quay Restaurant (a very fancy restaurant in Sydney with views on the Harbour bridge and the Opera house).
So we left Friday afternoon to the airport, Mum and Dad were a bit excited to see how I would cope with the travel...I guess it was a bit of a practice session for our trip to Europe in December. I was again on my best behaviour and really enjoyed the business lounge.
I was not too impressed with air travel... but I thought it was a good time to catch up on some sleep. I even forgot to enjoy the views! Mum woke me up when we landed in Sydney... Both Mum and Dad were quite happy with me taking a nap during the flight and they now actually look forward to the flights in December.
Rami was there with his beautiful shiny car (with rear facing car seat for me) to pick us up
from the airport and dropped us off at the hotel, where I immediately claimed the bed (Dad can sleep on the floor, hihi) and played for a while.







Aunty Laura arrived at the hotel at about 545pm and I was very happy to see her again! She was taking care of me on Friday night when Mum and Dad were enjoying their fancy pancy dinner.

Laura and I had great fun (I was a bit cranky at first, but that was just my wind), she gave me a bottle and at 815pm I fell asleep. Lucky for Laura, because now she had some time to read her book, how thoughtful of me!
Mum and Dad had great food and fun (beer and wine) and came back to the hotel at round 1130PM, I was sound asleep and had another surprise for Mum and Dad... I decided to sleep through the night!!! I woke up on Saturday morning at 630, ready for a new day full of adventures...



First thing we had to do on Saturday was breakfast...not too exciting for me so I decided to do another power-nap...


During my nap, I quickly showed Dad that I found my thumb! Looks pretty cool don't you think?

Mum and Dad had promised me that we would check out the Cruise ship that was in the Harbour and that we would go to the Rocks Market! I thought it was too hot to really bother so I just slept the whole way and saved my energy to smile at Mum and Dad when we played in the park.














 Later that afternoon Aunty Anastasia came to visit us...she brought me some awesome gifts...I really like her :)
After another good night sleep we walked around in Sydney on Sunday, but it was raining and not so pleasant. Dad told me that this was also good practice as the weather in the Netherlands is also not great, especially in December.
Mum and Dad had a quick bite to eat in Darling Harbour and Dad just quickly changed my nappy...


We flew back to Melbourne at 630pm and I was happy to be back in my own  bed... what an adventure...