Sunday 17 October 2010

First time babysitting with Auntie Kim and Uncie Ben

Today Dad cycled 'Around The Bay in a Day', which he started at 6.00am in the city. Dad left home at around 5.00am, stocked up with rain gear, energy food and even home baked energy bars. Because Dad needs all his energy for the big ride, I decided to give him a good night sleep and have slept in one block from 9pm until 4.15am in the morning. After that me and Tigger were allowed in the big bed because it is Sunday and I will not be seeing Dad all day.




Uncie Ben and Auntie Kim offered to babysit me on Sunday, to give Mum a chance to have some me-time as well. She went to the Bikram Yoga Class again after 12 months (Hot yoga  in 37 degrees is not allowed whilst being pregnant)! She will be sore the rest of the day, haha! 

Ben and Kim arrived at 8.30am and I was already being happy, smiling in my bouncer playing with my little Tiger. To make sure Mum does not forget about me, whilst she is away this morning, I managed to do an explosion nappy just before she was about to leave, so she could still take some of the nice smell with her as a little memory.

I had great fun playing with Uncie Ben and Auntie Kim. Auntie Kim even fascinated me with her new fascinator she made herself for the horse races next weekend. It was really beautiful and fascinating!
After that I had a little nap, had a little milk and played a bit more until Mum got home.

Uncie Ben even made a surprise for Mum and baked his famous Lasagna (which Mum loves), so she and Dad did not have to worry about lunch and dinner for the next 2 days. It was that much!
Uncle Ben told me the real reason for baking it and that was because he wants me to eat well and healthy and while I am still on breast milk he can only do that by feeding Mum really well. Mum did not mind at all!

After the afternoon nap we went to pick up Dad at the finish! Mum and I arrived just in time, look there is Dad waving at us , Mum was a bit slow with the picture and Dad was sprinting for the finish.
Look, he is still smiling after 210 km in 7h25min, I have got a super Dad.