Monday 9 August 2010

Maternal Health Nurse visit #2

As of today at 3 weeks and 4 days old I am only doing breast feeding. Mum just gives me a little bottle top up to check whether I really did have enough fromt he breast and most of the time I do not need anything extra. Mum is definitely determined to make sure that I am not loosing any weight.
At 4pm today Mum and I visited the maternal health nurse and she measured me at 51 centimeters, 3370 grams and head circumference of 33.5 centimeters and said my motorical development is perfect for a premature baby. "You are very good with already keeping your head up!" This is very handy at tummy time, but mummy does not really like it whilst breast feeding, because if she wants to pull me in close to put me on the breast for some reason I lift my head and stretch my neck to go exactly the opposite way, so we sometimes struggle a little bit, but luckily for Mum my hunger ensures that I usually let her win!


My nails are getting longer and I have started scratching everything that falls into my hands, especially skin. As today I pinched mummy’s nipples and daddy’s underarm. He needs to cut his hair, otherwise I will be pulling it very soon.