Monday 19 July 2010

Mum and Dad going home

As of this morning I do not need to be on the apnoea monitor anymore. My weight has decreased a bit more and is now 2460grams. It is normal for all babies to lose weight in first week, so there are no alarm bells yet.
I am drinking 60mls each feed, still every 3 hours.
Mum bought a breast pump and will be using the electric pump to express milk at home. As of today I am on only breast milk, via bottle twice a day and the other 6 feeds still via the tube.
Today Mum and Dad are leaving the hospital, as they were only allowed to stay for 5 days after my arrival. 
Mum will be staying until 11am feed and will then go home to get some rest, express milk and she will come back again for the 4pm and 7pm feedings.
Mum was not at all happy going home without me after carrying me with her for almost 8 months, but she knows that I will do my absolute best to suck as good as I can, so I can come home as quick as I can.
At 1pm Mum received a phone call telling her that I was coming out of phototherapy, so she rushed back to hospital to cuddle me. Also Dad was able to bathe me that night as I did not have a bad in 3 nights!

                                    Don't I look good after my 48 hour sun tan!

                                       Loving my bath after 72 hours no bath!