Monday 10 January 2011

Bruges - Ice sculpture festival

Today we did some shopping in the morning and in the afternoon we went to the Ice sculpture festival in Bruges. Because Mum loves Steak Tartare (for all the Australians reading this blog, yes it is the dish with the raw meat!) and Bruges is a very good city to eat it, I decided to start crying for food in front of a beautiful little lunch restaurant. Mum and Dad desperately went in to actually feed me and got the last table available. After accidentally looking at the menu, they decided to do an early lunch and enjoyed the best steak tartare ever! (hihihi, I don't cry often, but sometimes it is for a good reason)

 
 In the afternoon we enjoyed the Ice Sculpture festival. Inside it was -6 degrees, so I had to wear to winter coats again. I was just getting used to temperatures above 0 degrees outside, but it was definitely worth it. The sculptures were beautiful and I have travelled the entire world in ice and seen all the seven wonders of the world on one day. On top of that they also had.....
                                               
                                                                    cars and animals 
                                                     Mum showed me around in the iglo

                                                                  Balinesian dancers
                                                   

Mmmmmh, this is a cuddly and furry bear!!!



BRRRRRR it is freezing cold, I hope the bear does not get angry because I am wearing fur on my coat.